Vision providers take care of your eyes. As a Blue Cross Community Health Plans member, you have eye care benefits. You do not need approval from your PCP to see an eye doctor in the plan network. Visit the Davis Vision site to find vision providers.*
What services are covered?
Some of the vision services covered include:
- One (1) eye exam every 12 months per member
- Eye glasses
- Every two (2) years for member age 21 and older
- Replaced "as needed" for members under 21
- Additional reimbursement toward a pair of upgraded eyeglass frames
- Contact lenses when medically necessary
If your glasses or contacts are lost or stolen, contact Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD 711).
What services are not covered?
The plan does not cover:
- Contact lens insurance
- Low vision aids
- Laser vision correction
To learn more about vision benefits, see the Member Handbook.
*Davis Vision is an independent company providing vision care benefits for Blue Cross Community Health Plans.