Health care fraud, waste and abuse have a negative effect on the health care industry and our nation. Health care fraud costs billions of dollars each year. It impacts all of us in the long run.
Health care fraud leads to:
- Higher health care costs
- Limited health care resources
- Lower confidence in our health care system
If you think a doctor or hospital is doing something wrong or committing fraud, please contact us.
Examples of fraud include billing for:
- A service that was never performed
- A more expensive service or supplies other than what you really received
- The same service twice
Other types of fraud include:
- Overuse of a service or supply that you don’t need
- False answers on an application
- Using someone else’s ID card
How Do I Report Fraud?
If you suspect fraud, there are ways to report it.
Report by Phone
To report fraud, you can call:
- Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD: 711)
- Blue Cross Community Health Plans Special Investigation Department (SID) at 1-800-543-0867.
Calls are always confidential. You can remain anonymous or let us know if you want to be contacted.
Report by U.S. Mail
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Special Investigations Department
300 E. Randolph Street, 35th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60601
If you have questions, call Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD: 711).