Pregnant or Thinking of Becoming Pregnant?
Blue Cross Community Health Plans is here to help. We have programs that can help you through pregnancy and beyond.
Special Beginnings is a program to help pregnant members until 84 days post-delivery.
Special Beginnings helps pregnant members better understand and manage their pregnancies. The goal is to give birth to a healthy baby without problems. If you are a BCCHP member who is pregnant or has delivered a baby within the last 84 days, you are eligible for the program.
If you are pregnant and would like to enroll in Special Beginnings, please call 1-888-421-7781. You may opt out of Special Beginnings at any time.
In the Special Beginnings program, you can get:
- Special access to online educational resources by logging into our Blue Access for Members portal. Go to the Wellness section and under Programs you will find Special Beginnings.
- Program incentives just for going to prenatal and postpartum doctor visits
- Help finding a doctor and assistance with issues with access to care
- Education on pregnancy, postpartum, and newborn care
- A breast pump and extra benefits
For further info about Special Beginnings, see the Special Beginnings Maternity Care Program Flyer.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois offers our pregnant members anytime, any place education through YoMingo. This program is made to give you convenient access to valuable information. It includes the tools and support you need at every stage of your health care journey and beyond. This is available on any device and comes in multiple languages.
When you take certain healthy actions, you may be eligible for incentives! Some incentives you can get as part of Special Beginnings, include:
- A free car seat or free portable crib. If you go to a prenatal appointment in your first trimester or visit within 42 days of enrolling with BCCHP.
- Two free packages of diapers. If have your first post-partum doctor’s visit within 84 days of your child’s birth.
- A $30 gift card through BCCHP IL Rewards℠.* If you go to at least six well child appointments from birth to 15 months.
*BCCHP IL RewardsSM
Some of the rewards are redeemed for gift cards through BCCHP IL Rewards. To get started, you need to register for BCCHP IL Rewards. Register at BCBSIL.com/BCCHPILRewards or download the BCCHP IL Rewards mobile app. You will need your member ID card, date of birth, and email address to register. You can also call Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 for help signing up for BCCHP IL Rewards.