Find a Provider
The Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM network is made up of doctors, specialists and hospitals. These providers are contracted with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) to provide medical services to you.
You should use in-network providers. If you choose to see a doctor who is not part of our network, you will have to pay for the services. Except in an emergency, the plan does not cover care received from out-of-network providers. Check with the provider to make sure that he or she is in the network before you get care.
Keep in mind that you may need to get approval for some services before you are treated. This is called "prior-authorization." BCBSIL may not cover the service if you don't get approval.
If you need help finding a doctor, call BCBSIL at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD 711).
For Members with Medical Coverage through BCBSIL
You must choose a PCP when you join the plan. There's also a wide selection of specialists. The Provider Finder® makes it easy to find a doctor or hospital in your area. Select the link below to open a new browser window. Search for providers. When you're done, close that window and keep viewing this site.
- Search Provider Finder® (online search)
- Download a print version of the Provider Directory. Please note: This is a large file; it may take longer to download depending on your Internet connection speed.
- Dental coverage is available through DentaQuest®. Visit their website to find dentists.
- Vision coverage is available through Davis Vision®. Visit their website to find vision providers.
For Managed Long Term Supports and Services (MLTSS) Members
As an MLTSS member, you have access to specialized care through your Blue Cross Community Health Plans coverage. When searching for providers, make sure you select a Provider Type or Specialty to narrow your search. This way, you can exclusively view provider types that fit your needs. This may include:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Adult Daycare
- Supportive Living Facilities
Select the link below to open a new browser window. Search for providers. When you're done, close that window and keep viewing this site.