Student Health Plans
AcademicBlueSM are student health insurance plans provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL).This plan was designed specifically for university students and provides quality health insurance from a leader in the health care industry.
As a parent, why choose AcademicBlue?
By choosing AcademicBlue,students get:
- Preventive care, including immunizations and prescription drug coverage
- Low deductibles and 100% coverage of eligible services at the Student Health Center
- Access to our local and national Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO Network
- 24/7 Nurseline and Virtual Visits that provides students access to health care from the convenience of their phone or computer
- Mobile App access to find doctors, urgent care facilities, get an ID card, view claims and much more
- A plan offered by their university that may cost less than marketplace or employer plan dependent coverage
Select a university to learn more about its AcademicBlue plan. If you don’t see your school in the list, BCBSIL also offers affordable individual and family health plans.
Select Your University
- Rosalind Franklin Student Health Plan
- Rush University Student Health Plan
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- University of Illinois - Springfield SHP
- Western Illinois University