As a Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM member, you will complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) at least annually. The HRA helps us to assign you a Care Coordinator. Your Care Coordinator will work with your Interdisciplinary Care Team to determine your needs and develop a Care Plan to meet those needs.
Your Care Coordinator will also work with you to help you reach your health goals. In addition, he or she will:
- Plan in-person visits or phone calls with you
- Listen to your concerns
- Work with you to make sure you have access to all necessary health care resources
- Make sure you get all the tests, labs and other care that you need
- Help set up care with your doctor and other health care team members
- Help you, your family and your caregiver better understand your health condition(s), medications and treatments
- Help you reach your health goals
- Healing, Empowering, and Learning Professionals (H.E.L.P.)
Have you been to the emergency room and are not sure about follow-up treatment? Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) has partnered with H.E.L.P. to provide resource information and aftercare support. We want to make sure you get the care you need.