What You Should Know about Dispensing Limits
- Your prescription drug coverage includes limits on certain medications.
- Limits may include quantity of covered medication per prescription, quantity of covered medication in a given time period and coverage only for members within a certain age range.
- These limits reflect generally accepted pharmaceutical manufacturers' guidelines.
- They also help encourage medication use as intended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- For more information, view the Standard Drug List Dispensing Limits and Generics Plus Drug List Dispensing Limits .