Health and Wellness
We are committed to ensuring that you get the health care you need. We also want you thave access to resources that can help you meet your health goals. That's why we offer the following educational information and wellness programs that can help you lead a healthier life.
Programs and Resources
Do you want to find the right resources, save money, and manage your medical conditions? We offer programs and resources with your well-being in mind.
- Condition Management – Are you at risk for a chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease? Or maybe you need help managing your condition? Our team of registered nurses and other health care professionals are here to with you and your doctor.
- Care Coordination – You may receive care coordination services based on your health assessment needs. These services will help you to reach your health goals.
- 24/7 Nurseline – If you have questions, our nurses have answers. This help line is staffed 24 hours a day with registered nurses who can help you get answers to your health questions. If an unexpected medical situation arises, a nurse can help you decide if you should call your doctor, visit the ER or urgent care, or treat the problem yourself. You can call the number on the back of your ID card to get the 24/7 Nurseline number for your plan.
- Blue365® – Save money on health and wellness products and services through this online discount website. New offers are available all the time, so be sure to sign up for email alerts.
- Special Beginnings® – Our maternity program provides expectant moms with educational information and support through early pregnancy until 6 weeks after delivery through
- Pregnancy risk factor identification and ongoing communication/monitoring
- Educational materials covering pregnancy and infant care topics
- Personal telephone contact with program staff
- Assistance in managing high-risk conditions such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
- Access to an online resource with maternity tools, articles, and information
Other Health Topics
Some chronic conditions can be managed so you maintain a good quality of life. With lifestyle changes, some of these conditions can go away or be greatly improved. Some ways to help you lead a healthier life include a healthy diet, exercise, working to lower your stress levels and following your doctor’s advice. Check out these health topics:
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
Here are some guidelines to help keep you healthy. Be sure to talk to your doctor about any health screenings you might need.
Zika virus can cause abnormalities in a developing baby. The virus is spread by infected mosquitoes. If you are pregnant or considering pregnancy, be sure to ask your health care provider if you need to be screened.
A Zika virus screening should be completed by your health care provider at each prenatal check-up. If you or your partner live in or have traveled to areas at risk for Zika transmission, please notify your provider. He or she can perform the screening and appropriate test if needed.
You can find out about any identified areas of Zika virus transmission by visiting the CDC's website. If you have any questions, please contact your provider.