With your Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM coverage, you may qualify for transportation services. This includes rides to and from your doctor's office or a health care facility. Trips must be medically necessary.
What services are covered?
The plan offers rides free of charge when you have no other way to get to:
- A doctor's appointment
- An appointment with another health care provider
- A pharmacy after a provider visit
- A Blue Cross Community Health Plans sponsored event
What services are not covered?
You can only use this service for medical needs. The plan does not cover rides:
- For non-medical needs (examples: to go shopping or to visit a friend)
- To go to a provider who is outside our provider network (without special authorization from BCBSIL)
If you need a ride to the doctor, call Member Services at 1-877-860-2837 (TTY/TDD: 711) at least three days before your appointment. We are available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The call is free.
Call 911 if you need emergency transport. (You do not need an OK from BCBSIL in the event of an emergency.)
For more information about transportation services, see the Member Handbook.