The BCBSIL Quality Improvement (QI) Program is based on the view that the process for delivery of medical care and services can be continuously improved. The information provided is a summary of the quality improvement programs in place for BCBSIL members and practitioners. Call 312-653-3465 with questions about the QI Program.
Resources for Providers
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force – Published Recommendations
- ACIP Recommended Adult Immunizations
- ACIP Recommended Childhood Immunizations
- BMI Percentile Boys 2 to 20 years
- BMI Percentile Girls 2 to 20 years
- Quitline Fax referral Form
- Screening for Cervical Cancer USPTF Recommendation Statement
- Screening for Colorectal Cancer USPTF Recommendation Statement
BCBSIL requires an on-site office visit at least every three years for primary care physicians (PCPs), including OB/Gynes and pediatricians, for continued participation in the HMO product. High-volume behavioral health specialists are reviewed for the HMO product for the purposes of credentialing. An on-site visit is not required for practitioners participating with PPO products. BCBSIL may perform an on-site visit more frequently than every three years for quality improvement purposes and as a result of a complaint. The current BCBSIL site visit standards used for auditing are available for you to print.
Site Visit Reports:
HMO Site Visit Summary:
HMO Quality Site Visit Standards: