Behavioral Health Quality Improvement Program
Our Behavioral Health Quality Improvement (QI) department continually monitors and evaluates our Behavioral Health Care Management program. Behavioral Health QI identifies program enhancement opportunities benefiting members, physicians and other health care providers and shares information that can be used to help our members achieve their best possible health outcomes.
One of the goals of our program is to help improve medical and behavioral health outcomes for our members.
We aim to help facilitate continuity and coordination of care among physicians and other health care providers by collecting data on:
- Exchange of information;
- Appropriate diagnoses, treatment and referrals of behavioral health disorders commonly seen in primary care;
- Appropriate use of psychotropic medications;
- Management of treatment access and follow-up for members with coexisting medical and behavioral disorder;
- Preventive behavioral health care program implementation; and
- Identification of special needs of members with severe and persistent mental illness.
Our goals also include communicating with members, physicians and other health care providers to promote improved member health, overall satisfaction and experience.
Select the link below to read more about our Behavioral Health QI Program quality initiatives and accomplishments:
Questions? Comments? Contact the Behavioral Health Unit for assistance or to share your feedback on our programs.