Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM
The Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Plan offers all of the coverage of Original Medicare — plus benefits not covered by Medicare or most Medicare Supplement insurance plans, including built-in prescription drug coverage.
- The Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO)SM plan offers health coverage to members who reside in Cook, DuPage, Will and Kane counties.
- The Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (PPO)SM plan offers health coverage to members who reside in Cook, DuPage, Will and Kane counties.
Our strong brand recognition and our historical relationship with Medicare makes BCBSIL an excellent choice for Medicare eligible individuals seeking new health coverage opportunities. Blue Cross Medicare Advantage maintains and monitors a network of participating providers including physicians, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, ancillary providers and other health care providers through which members obtain covered services.
Visit Claims Submission for an introduction to filing claims with BCBSIL.
Join Our Network
To join our Blue Cross Medicare Advantage network, follow the process for Contracting.
Visit Prior Authorization for benefit preauthorization requests for specialized clinical services for BCBSIL members.
Medicare Marketing Guidelines
All providers who contract with BCBSIL to provide Medicare Advantage services are expected to abide by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rules for marketing when it involves BCBSIL or Blue Cross Medicare Advantage products or benefits. View the guidelines that are applicable to providers in the Medicare Marketing Guidelines.
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Provider Manuals
- Pharmacy — view drug lists and forms.
- Provider Finder® — search for doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers in the Blue Cross Medicare Advantage network.
Blue Cross Medicare Advantage plans are HMO, HMO-POS and PPO plans provided by Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company (HCSC), an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. HCSC is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in HCSC’s plans depends on contract renewal.