Our PEAQ program evaluates physician performance in a transparent and multidimensional way. Its goal is to work with the physician community to maximize physician efficiency, appropriateness, and quality of care. BCBSIL initially developed PEAQ with input from practicing physicians and will continue to collaborate with physicians to improve the program.
PEAQ program guiding principles include:
- Metrics – Selecting meaningful measures that are evidence-based and nationally recognized to evaluate physician performance
- Transparency – Sharing details to help physicians understand how the program works and ways it can support efficiency, appropriateness and quality of care for our members
- Collaboration – Partnering with physicians to ensure measurement transparency and clinical relevance
- Continuous Improvement - Reevaluating our methodology and measures regularly based on physician feedback and recent clinical evidence
- Insights – Providing physician-level reporting to help improve overall performance
- Member Focus – Use PEAQ program results to help our members identify physicians who are right for them
For more information, refer to the PEAQ Methodology.
Provider Performance Insights (PPIs)
PPIs show how a physician was evaluated and where they rank in comparison to peers. PPIs also include actionable insights to improve future performance.
PPI PDF reports will be loaded on Availity® Essentials for qualified providers. Refer to the PEAQ Program Reports User Guide for information on how to access and view your results. If you’re not registered for Availity, sign up now by going to Availity and selecting “Register” in the top right corner.
Questions? Contact PEAQ Inquiries for more information. We also welcome your comments and feedback.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors.