The Electronic Refund Management (eRM) tool is designed to help simplify overpayment reconciliation and related processes. Among other features, the eRM tool provides:
- Single sign-on convenience
- Electronic notification of overpayments
- Online Inquiry/Dispute/Appeal functionality
- Option to deduct from future payments
- Pay by check capability
Prior to accessing eRM:
- You must register with Availity® .
- For Availity registration information, visit availity.com , or call Availity Client Services at 800-AVAILITY (282-4548).
Once you’re registered:
- Log into Availity and complete the online onboarding form.
- Select Payer Space
- Select the BCBS link
- Select Resources
- Select the Refund Management-eRM link
If you are unable to access this link, please contact your Availity Administrator. To identify your Availity Administrator, click the My Administrators link under My Account Dashboard.
For navigational assistance, refer to the Electronic Refund Management (eRM) User Guide.
This information does not apply to Medicare Advantage or Illinois Medicaid claims.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.