The Patient Care Summary tool uses claim-based information to provide you with a consolidated view of a patient’s health care history at the point of care. This electronic health record can help you identify gaps in care, missed prescription refills and possible drug interactions, and other “clinical flags” and treatment opportunities.
A sampling of Patient Care Summary results includes:
- Demographic patient information, including date of birth, address and phone number
- Information about the patient’s current primary care physician, if applicable, and other providers visited in the past 24 months
- Diagnoses and procedures submitted and reflected in the claims records
- Professional, hospital and emergency room services reflected in the claims records
- Prescriptions filled, including the class of the drug, total fills, and last date filled
- Radiological and laboratory services reflected in the claim record
To gain access to the Patient Care Summary tool, you must be registered with . Refer to the Availity Patient Care Summary User Guide for additional details.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.