BlueApprovR is an online tool accessible in Availity Essentials that allows providers to submit behavioral health clinical evaluation prior authorization requests for many BCBSIL commercial non-HMO members.
Registered Availity Essentials users have free, 24/7 access to BlueApprovR tool to:
- Secure real-time approvals for certain services and begin treatment right away
- Easily attach medical records
- Check approval status and view history of your request
How to Access BlueApprovR:
- Log in to Availity Essentials
- Select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu and choose BCBSIL
- Within Payer Spaces, select the Applications tab and click Specialty Rx & Behavioral Health Auth Requests
- Users will be redirected to BlueApprovR to complete the request online
- Refer to the Specialty Rx & Behavioral Health Auth Requests User Guide to learn how to access BlueApprovR via Availity Essentials.
- For more education and/or assistance with this tool, contact the BlueApprovR Support Team.
Note: This new tool is currently not available for Medicare Advantage or Illinois Medicaid members. Please use your existing process for requesting prior authorization for these members.
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information and/or obtaining prior authorization is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage, including, but not limited to, exclusions and limitations applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, call the number on the member's ID card.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.