August 22, 2023
This reminder applies to all providers that are independently contracted with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) to provide care and services to the following government programs members: Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM and/or Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM (BCCHP).
It’s a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and/or Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services requirement for BCBSIL to make available provider training on specific topics related to MMAI and BCCHP. Annual completion of all required training modules is mandatory for all MMAI and BCCHP contracted providers.
There are six required training modules and one required survey:
- Model of Care/Medical Home (Person Centered Practice)
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)
- Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation (Critical Incidents)
- Cultural Competency
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/Independent Living
- Medicare Parts C and D General Compliance Training (MMAI only)
- ADA Site Compliance Survey
For more information on the required training modules, see our Provider Training Requirements and Resources page.
BCCHP and MMAI Required Provider Training Webinar Sessions
Please join us for guided webinars that will review all the required provider trainings and allow you to complete an attestation for your facility, group and/or individual providers. Use the links below to sign up now: