June 21, 2023
A new Provider Correspondence Viewer application is available via Availity for providers participating with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL). This application allows you to view, download and/or save specific documents associated with your National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Tax ID number. Currently, the Provider Correspondence Viewer is only available for participating BCBSIL facility providers to access and download Quarterly Average Discount Percentage reports.
What is the Average Discount Percentage (ADP)?
BCBSIL calculates an estimated discount percentage on an averaged basis.
- These percentages are used to determine patient cost-share, and they appear on the member’s explanation of benefits as “ADP.”
- These percentages are not used for purposes of calculating or making reimbursements to providers, as those are determined based on our BCBSIL network contracts.
How To Access the Provider Correspondence Viewer
After logging in to Availity Essentials:
- Select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu and choose “BCBSIL”
- Within Payer Spaces, go to the Applications tab, then select the Provider Correspondence Viewer
- Complete the required fields to obtain the quarterly ADP reports
- Watch for the instructive Provider Correspondence Viewer User Guide coming soon to our Provider Tools section.
- If have questions or need customized training, email our Provider Education Consultants.
You must be a registered Availity user to access the Provider Correspondence Viewer. If you haven’t registered for Availity, you can sign up online today. For registration help, call Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations, or warranties regarding third party vendors and the products and services they offer.