Claim Payment and Remittance
Electronic options are available!
BCBSIL providers who receive paper checks and Provider Claim Summaries (PCSs) via the U.S. Mail may wish to consider the electronic alternatives listed below for greater efficiency, convenience and security of information.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
EFT is a direct deposit of your claim payment from BCBSIL to your designated bank account.
- Complete the EFT Enrollment Agreement
- An authorized signature and voided check are required
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
The ERA or ANSI 835 transaction is a HIPAA-compliant method of receiving claim payment and remittance details. The ERA can be automatically posted to your patient accounting system.
- Complete the ERA Enrollment Form
- Prior to enrolling for ERA, you must be registered with AvailityTM
- You should also check with your billing service, clearinghouse or software vendor to confirm ERA-compatibility and availability of auto-posting software.
Electronic Payment Summary (EPS)
When you enroll for the ERA, you are automatically enrolled for the EPS, which is an electronic version of the paper PCS.
- The EPS arrives faster than the PCS and is easier to archive for future retrieval.
- You must enroll for the ERA in order to receive the EPS.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services offered by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.