Coverage and Plans
Your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) benefits are designed to provide coverage for the care you need, encourage you to maintain your good health and help you manage your health care costs.
- Medical Benefits
- Behavioral Health Benefits
- Pharmacy Benefits (Effective Jan 1, 2021)
- Medical Necessity Reviews
- Information Guides
- Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
- COVID-19 At-Home Tests
Primary Care Provider (PCP) and Specialist Information
For plans subject to PCP and specialist providers, the following providers are defined as PCPs:
- General practice
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner — any specialty listed above, billing under their tax ID or under the tax ID of an M.D. or D.O.
- Behavioral Health
- Urgent care
- Physician Assistant — any specialty listed above, billing under their tax ID or under the tax ID of an M.D. or D.O.
All other providers are defined as specialists. Please refer to your Summary Plan Description or Benefit Summary for your specific plan benefits.