Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois is pleased to offer BlueCare Dental Connection, a proactive approach that protects more than just teeth. BlueCare Dental Connection provides resources to help encourage members to manage their oral health, which may help improve their overall health.
Research shows a potential link between periodontal disease and other health problems such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes control and premature birth. When it comes to helping members take care of oral health and overall health, administering dental benefits is a starting point. More than ever it’s critical to:
- Apply the knowledge gained from evidence-based dental research
- Create consumer-driven tools specific to dental care and dental benefits
- Use disease management concepts to target members most in need of dental care
BlueCare Dental Connection includes member access to The Dental Wellness CenterTM, a source of online resources and support tools for members allowing them to:
- Ask licensed dentists dental-related questions through Ask A Dentist
- Locate a network general dentist or specialist with Provider Finder®
- Determine approximate dental fees in the marketplace with the Dental Cost AdvisorTM (requires secure login to Blue Access for Members)
In addition, educational information is available on a wide range of dental topics including pediatric care, prevention and dental treatments. Members can access the online features of BlueCare Dental Connection by logging on to Blue Access for MembersSM.