Blue Options PPO's unique benefit plan tiered design helps you control your care — and expenses. It's a lower-cost PPO choice with:
- Lower out-of-pocket costs when using independently contracted doctors and hospitals that are in the Blue Choice OPT PPO network*
- The choice to use independently contracted doctors and hospitals in the larger PPO network at a higher cost
The Blue Choice OPT PPO network covers the Chicago Metro area in Illinois with contracted providers in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, Grundy, Kankakee, Kendall and Will counties.
Using Blue Options PPO
Blue Options is the same as other PPOs, but there are extra networks and tiers to keep costs down. In addition to not having to select a PCP or get referrals for specialist, members have three tiers to keep in mind:
- Tier 1 — Lowest out-of-pocket costs when using a Blue Choice OPT PPO network provider.
- Tier 2 — Higher out-of-pocket costs when using a contracted provider in the larger PPO network.
- Tier 3 — Highest out-of-pocket cost when using an out-of-network doctor.
Benefit coverage under Blue Options PPO includes:
- Preventive care services
- Doctor office visits
- Outpatient hospital services
- Outpatient surgery and diagnostic testing
- Maternity services
- Hospital emergency medical and accident
- Out-of-state coverage
- Breast cancer screening
- Occupational and speech therapy
Additional benefit coverage available:
- Prescription drug benefit with mail service for maintenance medications
- Behavioral health coverage
This is only a brief description of some of the plan benefits. For more complete details, talk to your BCBSIL representative or visit the Contact Us page for the number of a regional sales office near you.