Blue Choice OptionsSM PPO
Blue Choice Options' unique benefit plan tiered design helps your employees control their care — and expenses. It's a lower-cost PPO choice with:
- Lower out-of-pocket costs when using independently contracted doctors and hospitals that are in the Blue Choice OPT PPO network*
- The choice to use contracted doctors and hospitals in the larger PPO network at a higher cost
This PPO's unique benefit plan tiered design helps members control their care — and expenses.
* The Blue Choice OPT PPO network covers the Chicago Metro area in Illinois with contracted providers in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, Grundy, Kankakee, Kendall and Will counties.
Using Blue Choice Options PPO
In addition to not having to select a PCP or get referrals for specialist, members have three tiers to keep in mind:
- Tier 1 — Offers the lowest out-of-pocket costs if using a contracted provider in the Blue Choice OPT PPO network.
- Tier 2 — Has higher out-of-pocket costs if using a contracted provider in the larger PPO network.
- Tier 3 — Has the highest out-of-pocket cost if using an out-of-network doctor.
Benefit coverage under Blue Choice Options PPO includes:
- Preventive care services
- Doctor office visits
- Outpatient hospital services
- Outpatient surgery and diagnostic testing
- Maternity services
- Hospital emergency medical and accident
- Out-of-state coverage
- Breast cancer screening
- Occupational and speech therapy
Additional benefit coverage available:
- Prescription drug benefit with mail service for maintenance medications
- Behavioral health services
This is only a brief description of some of the plan benefits. For more complete details, including benefits, limitations and exclusions, please refer to the plan's certificate of coverage.