Enhanced Quality, Increased Savings
Our Blue High Performance Network® (BlueHPN®) is designed to deliver greater value for your groups and their employees. We select providers for BlueHPN® that are focused on delivering quality care, with a network that provides an average of more than 10% savings1 compared to the PPO.
BlueHPN® is available in more markets nationwide than our competitors, with portable access across over 55 major markets. When inside an HPN service area, members have access to care from any BlueHPN® provider with no primary care physician (PCP) selection or referrals needed. When traveling outside an HPN service area, members have access to emergent and urgent care through a network of Blue Cross and Blue Shield providers.
Providers in BlueHPN® are measured on a consistent set of quality metrics across four key domains central to better overall care delivery:
- Appropriateness of care to reduce harm and waste
- Best practice adherence to support guideline-based treatment
- Health management to promote preventive care and chronic condition management
- Outcomes to measure effective care delivery
Providers are measured across these domains through a set of eight national and eight local metrics from industry-respected sources2, creating consistency across markets while addressing key health care issues in local markets.
With BlueHPN®, members have in-network-only3 access to quality care through a network that offers an average of more than 10% in additional savings as compared to our already industry-leading PPO. BlueHPN® is a great option to help employers tailor benefit offerings to maintain access to high quality providers while being conscious of cost objectives.
Making it Simple for Groups and Their Employees
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) now has two national network products for your employees to choose from.
- For group members living outside major metro areas, the PPO will continue to provide the broad quality access you’ve come to expect from BCBSIL.
- For group members living inside major metro areas, BlueHPN® is designed to drive additional savings to help your bottom line while providing access to quality providers.
Visit our BlueHPN® website to learn more, or contact your BCBSIL representative.
1 Savings are based on Consortium Health Plans analysis, 2019. Savings are on average and assume 100% enrollment. Results will vary based on employer locations and implementation.
2 Measures align with those being utilized by credible industry organizations, including American Hospital Association, Catalyst for Payment Reform and America’s Health Insurance Plans.
3 Out-of-network coverage is available for emergency situations.