What Is a General Agent?
Our General Agents (GA) serves as a single point of contact between Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) and the producer. The GA structure is designed to provide producers the information and support they need to sell individual health insurance products as well as help with retention.
What Services Do General Agents Provide?
- Assist with BCBSIL Producer contracting process
- Develop prospecting and marketing plans
- Provide product and sales training
- Provide updates on BCBSIL products and procedures
- Provide sales and renewal consultation
- Problem solving
- Assist with Medicare Part D certification
You choose the GA with whom you wish to work.