Blue Care Connection®
Our Blue Care Connection* portfolio of Integrated Total Health Management Programs spans a continuum of care and intensity of intervention to give members resources to help them better manage their health. Blue Care Connection includes:
- Well onTargetSM — Wellness involves making healthy choices that enrich the mind, body and spirit. Well onTarget is a program designed to give members the tools and support they need, while rewarding them for making healthy choices. To guide them in making healthy choices, participants will have access to a convenient, secure website which includes a health assessment, interactive tools and information as well as a points reward program.
- Utilization and Case Management — These programs, also known as Medical Services Advisory, are supported by health care professionals, including doctors and registered nurses who can help members understand their benefits and identify health care resources.
- Behavioral Health — Licensed behavioral health professionals can help members access services and offer support with co-existing medical conditions or disorders such as anxiety, depression, etc.
- Care Advisor — Registered nurses assist members with questions about chronic conditions and can help members navigate the health care system and provide information about specific conditions. Additionally, using automated outbound messaging; Care Advisors can leave voicemail messages to members identified with chronic conditions.
- 24/7 Nurseline — Members can get answers to their health-related questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Plus, members have the option to learn about more than 1,000 health topics over the phone.
- Special Beginnings®' — This program helps pregnant members and their babies get off to a healthy start by providing educational materials and support, pregnancy risk factor identification, ongoing communication/monitoring and access to an online resource center. Members are supported from early pregnancy through six weeks after delivery.
- Fitness Program — Regular exercise is an essential part of healthier living. Members and their covered dependents (age 18 and older) are eligible to participate in the Fitness Program and receive a flexible membership that allows them unlimited access to more than 8,000 independently contracted fitness centers nationwide.
Contact your Blue Cross representative or General Agent for more information about any of these programs.
*Blue Care Connection (BCC) is available to most Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) members; however, some BCC programs and services may not be available to individual plan members or to groups who selected another health services vendor. Members can verify if they have access to BCC programs and services by calling the Customer Service number on the back of their ID cards, or by contracting their employer group benefits administrators.
Portions of the Well onTarget program are available to all BCBSIL members except for some individual plans or a few groups who have selected another health services vendor. Members can check with their employer group benefits administrators for additional information.
Well onTarget is a service mark of Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company
The Behavioral Health program is available only to those members whose health plans include behavioral health benefits through the BCBSIL; all other features are available to non-HMO groups only.
The Special Beginnings Prenatal Program is available only to those members whose benefit plan includes maternity benefits through BCBSIL. Members should check their benefits or coverage documents or call Customer Service to verify they have coverage for services.
The Fitness Program is provided by Healthways, Inc., an independent contractor which administers the Prime Network of fitness centers. The Prime Network is made up of independently-owned and managed fitness centers.