PPO Value Choice members are not required to select a primary care physician. They have the freedom to choose a doctor whenever they need care, including specialists, from one of the largest PPO networks in Illinois.
When your employees use contracting network doctors and hospitals, there are no claims forms to complete and no "balance billing" because providers agree to accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois' negotiated rates.
You can choose from a wide range of benefit designs that offer several coinsurance, deductible, out-of-pocket maximum and office visit copayment options.
- Members have access to more than 23,000 doctors and specialists and over 200 hospitals in the network.
- The national network includes more than 500,000 contracting doctors (more than 85 percent of doctors nationwide) and more than 5,000 contracting hospitals.
- Members can choose any doctor or hospital whenever they seek care.
When members receive care from a contracting PPO doctor or hospital, there are:
- no claim forms to complete
- no up front payments
- no balance billing because PPO Value Choice doctors and hospitals have agreed to accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois' payment
- Members may also use doctors and hospitals outside the PPO Value Choice network, but the benefit level will be lower.
- Doctor office visits
- Hospital and surgical care
- Diagnostic testing
- Emergency care benefits
- Maternity care
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings
Other Coverage Available
- Preventive care for adults
- Well-child care
- Chiropractic services
- Rehabilitative therapy (physical, speech and occupational)
- Private duty nursing
- Extended care facility
- Vision Discount Program
- Hearing Aid Discount Program
Prescription Drug Coverage
- Prescription drug benefit with mail service for maintenance medications