Applies to the following plan types:
- Student plans
- Fully insured group plans including small group, mid-market, large and national accounts (does not include county/municipality/school or state employees plans)
- Grandfathered and transitional plans
We recently communicated about Illinois House Bill 4703, also known as Illinois Public Act 102-0901, Surprise Medical Bill Protection. One of the bill’s requirements includes adding specific language to member benefit plan materials.
What you need to know:
- We have added the required language to our 2024 benefit booklets, beginning with Jan. 1, 2024, renewals.
- Since 2023 benefit booklets were finalized prior to the implementation of this bill, we are also making this language available to members before the distribution of 2024 benefit plan materials.
- For individual/family plans we sent letters to impacted members.
- For group plans, we’re providing the member letter to our employer groups, who can share this communication with their employees as needed.
How do groups access the member letter?
- We’ve included a link here to the member letter – this link can be shared by our groups with their members.