Our BlueCare® Dental program offers two types of network-based dental products for any sized account. Both products have multiple plan options. Your clients can choose the best dental plan(s) that meets the needs of their employees.
BlueCare® Dental (DPPO) has one of the largest dental PPO networks of general and specialty dentists in both Illinois and nationally, which offers members flexibility in choosing a provider. DPPO plans are available to both insured and administrative services only (ASO) accounts. DPPO can be purchased as a stand alone dental product or in conjunction with dental HMO. There are two types of plan designs with distinct product names:
- BlueCare Dental Freedom PPO – Covered services by contracting and non-contracting dentists are paid at the same benefit level. This type of plan allows your employees the "freedom" to visit any dentist regardless of network participation.
- BlueCare Dental Choice PPO – Covered services provided by contracting dentists are paid at a higher level than those provided by non-contracting dentists. This benefit level differential offers greater cost savings for you and your employees when the "choice" is made to utilize contracting dentists.
BlueCare® Dental HMO (DHMO) is a Chicago metropolitan based program that emphasizes preventive and diagnostic care. It is only available under an insured funding arrangement. Accounts sized 2-150 cannot offer DHMO on a stand alone basis. DHMO plans for accounts of this size must be paired with a DPPO plan.
Dental Wellness Center
An important component of BlueCare Dental Connection is the Dental Wellness CenterTM* , which will be available to members and offers online resources and support tools that allow members to:
- Ask licensed dentist dental-related questions through Ask A Dentist
- Locate a network general dentist or specialist with Provider Finder®
- Determine approximate dental fees in the marketplace with the Dental Cost AdvisorTM
- Access educational information on a wide range of dental topics including pediatric care, prevention and dental treatments.
Please note: The information provided by the BlueCare Dental Connection program is not a substitute for professional health care. For personal medical guidance, please consult your dentist and/or physician. Coverage for treatments varies depending on the member's benefit plan. If you are a BCBSIL member and have questions about your health care plan benefits, check with your group benefits administrator or contact Customer Service at the number on the back of your member ID card.
* Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is providing access to the Dental Wellness Center Web site as a courtesy, as part of its BlueCare Dental Connection program. The content on the Dental Wellness Center Web site is provided by go2dental.com, Inc. (go2dental.com). BCBSIL and go2dental.com are separate companies. BCBSIL assumes no liability or responsibility for damage or injury to persons or property arising from the use of any product, information, idea, or instruction contained on the Dental Wellness Center Web site; go2dental.com is solely responsible for the content and any advice given on its Web site. If you have any questions or comments regarding the Dental Wellness Center Web site, you should direct them to go2dental.com