Convenient Ways to Pay Your Bill
Each month you will receive a bill for your premium. You can continue to use your insurance as long as you keep your payments up to date. If you purchased your own coverage, you will have to pay your first premium before you can start using your benefits. If you would like to receive your bill in Spanish, call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card. Customer Service will record your preference.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) offers many convenient ways for you to pay your premium. You may choose what works best for you:
Pay your premium by mail with a personal check, cashier's check or money order. To do so, be sure you:
- Make the check payable to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois.
- Write your account/member ID number on your check, cashier's check or money order.
- Include the payment coupon that was sent to you with your bill.
- Send your payment at least 5 business days in advance of the payment due date to ensure timely posting to your account.
- Mail your payment to the address on your bill.
- Call the OrbiPay®* payment line toll-free at 844-642-9414. Please have your member ID number, bank routing number and bank account number ready.
- Make a one-time payment by bank draft through the OrbiPay's secure website .
- Set up recurring electronic funds transfer (EFT) by calling Customer Service toll free at 800-538-8833.
- Bring a copy of your bill, which includes your member ID number and your "receive code," to any of the MoneyGram® locations near you (including most Walmart, ACE Cash Express and CVS stores) to pay with cash . MoneyGram locations in Walmart and Albertsons stores also take debit card payments.
Credit or Debit Card
- Make a one-time payment over the phone by calling the BillMatrix† Automated Payment Center at 866-654-8569 and enter the necessary information when prompted to make your payment. You will need your 9-digit Member ID number found on your ID card.
- Log in to your Blue Access for Members account and look for the Billing and Payments section. Click the Pay with Credit Card button to be redirected to a secure website for submitting payment by card.
† BillMatrix is the secure payment processing system offered by Fiserv. BCBSIL has contracted with Fiserv to process payments with debit, credit and pre-paid debit cards.