At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL), we have health plan options to meet the needs of you and your family.
When you’re looking for a new plan, you may come across different options like Individual and Family, Group, Dental and Vision, Medicare and Medicaid. If you’d like additional coverage, like dental or vision coverage, check out the plan details before enrolling.
Individual and Family Health Insurance
When you think of health insurance, this is likely the first type of health insurance that comes to mind. Individual and Family plans are plans you enroll in on your own during the Open Enrollment Period or with a qualifying event during the Special Enrollment Period. These plans cover a wide range of services and:
- Last a year or longer
- Can usually be renewed
- Meet the essential requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). ACA requirements include:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care and substance abuse treatment
- Lab services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices
If you enroll in Individual health insurance and family coverage, you may be able to get help paying for it with a premium tax credit, also known as a subsidy. Learn more about getting financial help to lower your monthly bill.