When it comes to health insurance, it’s important to make the right choice.
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS.
Longer-Term Insurance12+ months
- Not sure if you’ll find work or other coverage within a year.
- More covered services than short-term like dental and preventive.
- May have higher monthly costs than short-term, but some plans qualify for cost savings.
Medicare and Medigap12+ months
- Nearing 65 years of age or older, or receiving Social Security Disability benefits.
- Parts A and B (Medicare) are funded by Social Security payroll taxes.
- Parts C and D (Medigap) provided by private health insurers.
COBRA InsuranceUp to 18 months
- Same group health coverage.
- Monthly cost is higher since your Fund no longer shares the monthly cost.
- In some cases, coverage can be extended.