Selecting Your Medical Group/IPA
Please follow these steps to select a primary care physician (PCP) and medical group/independent practice association (IPA):
- Use our Provider Finder® to search for your HMO medical group/IPA.
- Select HMO Illinois or Blue Advantage as your Health Plan.
- Select HMO Medical Group as your Provider Type.
If you already have a Primary Care Physician (PCP) you can search by name.
- Click on the name of the medical group/IPA or physician to find their three-digit medical group number (MG#). Be sure to select a PCP and write down their 10-digit NPI number as well.
- Once you have selected a MG/IPA and PCP, you can specify your selection:
- Online: Log in to your Blue Access for MembersSM account and follow the instructions
- By Phone: Call Member Services toll free at 800-868-9520, weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.