Blue Care Connection®
Blue Care Connection provides personalized attention, support, online resources and health advocacy to help you find the right resources, optimize your health care benefits and manage medical conditions.
Blue Care Connection programs include:
Utilization and Case Management
These programs are supported by health care professionals, including doctors and nurses who can help you understand your benefits and identify health care resources.
Condition Management Services
If you are diagnosed with or at risk for developing certain chronic medical conditions, you may be eligible to participate in a Condition Management program starting January 1, 2015. This program is designed to support individuals with the following health conditions:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Low Back Pain
The Condition Management programs offer:
- Education and guidance on how to manage your condition
- Information on healthy lifestyle options, including proper nutrition, medication management, and exercise
- Educational booklets
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois will identify individuals for the program based on medical and prescription drug utilization. Participation in the program is strictly voluntary. If you think you may be eligible to participate or would like additional information regarding the Condition Management programs, call 888-652-4013.
Special Beginnings is a maternity care program designed to help expectant mothers understand and manage their pregnancy until six weeks after delivery. With this program you get:
- A website that covers pregnancy and infant care topics
- Personal telephone contact with program staff
- Assistance in managing high-risk conditions such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia