Updated Guidelines for Servicing Boeing Company Associates
Nov. 8, 2010
New ID cards are being issued to Boeing Company Associates effective Jan. 1, 2011. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is the new administrator for all Boeing employees nationwide, replacing Regence Blue Shield of Washington. Please remember these guidelines when servicing Boeing Company employees to help facilitate claim processing:
- The new ID cards for Boeing Company employees will contain one of the following four new alpha prefixes:
- Be sure to obtain a photocopy of this new card for the member’s file.
Verifying Eligibility and Benefits
- Check eligibility and benefits by sending an electronic inquiry to BCBSIL (ANSI 270 transaction) via your preferred online vendor portal—Availity® , NDAS Online (eCare®) , or RealMed® ; or
- Call the BlueCard® Eligibility Line at (800) 676-BLUE (2583).
- Call the designated telephone number on the back of the patient’s ID card for services requiring preauthorization.
Claim Submission / Claim Status
- Continue to file all claims electronically with BCBSIL.
- Claims filed for dates of service beginning Jan. 1, 2011, must be billed using the correct new alpha prefix and ID card number.
- Check claim status online via your preferred vendor portal, or by contacting our Provider Telecommunications Center (PTC) at (800) 972-8088.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C.
eCare is the registered trademark of Passport/Nebo Systems.
RealMed is a registered trademark of RealMed Corporation.
Availity, L.L.C., Passport/Nebo Systems, and RealMed Corporation are independent vendors and are solely responsible for their products and services. BCBSIL makes no representations or warranties regarding any of these vendors. Verification of eligibility and/or or benefit information is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered.