December 14, 2020
In the September News and Updates, we introduced a new online tool via Availity called Patient ID Finder. This tool allows you to quickly obtain a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) patient’s insurance ID and group numbers after entering patient-specific data elements.
We’re pleased to announce that, in addition to being available for BCBSIL commercial (PPO and HMO), Federal Employee Program® (FEP®) and on- and off-exchange members, you can now use the Patient ID Finder to obtain the insurance ID and group numbers for our Medicare Advantage and Illinois Medicaid members.
How do you use the Patient ID Finder via Availity?
Search online for BCBSIL patient ID numbers in four easy steps:
- Log in to Availity
- Select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu and choose BCBSIL
- Select Patient ID Finder from the Applications tab, then complete and submit the request
- Patient ID and group numbers are returned
Note: This tool doesn’t reflect the patient's eligibility or benefits. Refer to the Eligibility and Benefits User Guide for help with obtaining real-time eligibility and benefits information via Availity.
Providers not yet registered with Availity can sign up for free today at Availity . For registration help, call Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
For More Information
- Refer to the Patient ID Finder User Guide on our website.
- Visit the Webinars and Workshops page on our website to register for an upcoming ‘Availity 101’ session hosted weekly to learn more about online offerings, including the Patient ID Finder.
- If you need more help or customized training, contact our Provider Education Consultants.
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information and/or the fact that a service has been prior authorized is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, call the number on the member’s ID card.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.