Claim Status Tool for Government Programs
The Claim Status Tool offers enhanced, real-time claim status functionality to help you manage and resolve claims processed by BCBSIL for the following members:
- Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM (BCCHPSM) and Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMOSM and Blue Cross Medicare Advantage PPOSM
This tool is accessible to registered Availity® users. If you are not registered, go to Availity, select “Register” and complete the online guided process – at no charge.
You can use the Availity Claim Status tool to:
- Search by member ID or claim number
- Check status of multiple claims in one view
- View claims for a particular date or date range
- View claims according to status, such as paid, pended or denied
- View detailed line level information, such as amount paid, ineligible reason code and description for each service line
For additional details, refer to the Claim Status Tool tip sheet.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSIL. BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.