Medication Assisted Treatment Providers: Help Our Members Find You
Posted September 11, 2020
If you offer opioid addiction or withdrawal treatment, consider making this information available to our members and other providers on our online Provider Finder®. This will help others identify you when referring their patients for medication assisted treatment (MAT) care and services.
Update Your Existing Information
Beginning Sept. 18, 2020, use our Demographic Change Form to share details on your addiction/withdrawal treatment services. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Change Existing Demographic Information” section.
- Select “Other Provider Updates.”
- Enter your MAT and/or OTP provider information under the “Medication Assisted Treatment” section
- Indicate on the last question if you prefer to keep your answers private or share with our members via Provider Finder.
- Specify the “Effective Date of Change.” You must enter this to submit your updates.
If you choose to share your information, the above process will ensure that a MAT designation is added to your Provider Finder listing. Typically, updates take about two weeks. Providing your MAT information is voluntary, can be changed at any time and is unique to each of your locations.
New providers can voluntarily provide information on their certified MAT services during the onboarding process using our Provider Onboarding Form.
Opioid Treatment Designations
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association has defined four provider types that deliver treatment for opioid use disorders. The types are based on certification through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
- MAT for Opioid Use Disorders is provided at a given location
- Provider at a given location is authorized to dispense MAT for Opioid Use Disorders
- This location is a certified Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Counseling for Opioid Use Disorders is provided at this location
Verification of Disclosure
Before posting in our Provider Finder we will verify MAT and OTP provider certifications through SAMHSA.
Details about Provider Types
For more information, view details about each provider type certification.
Look for a significant Provider Finder upgrade this October.