Medicaid Provider Alert: Mandatory Annual Training Must Be Completed by Dec. 31, 2019
Posted December 2, 2019
This reminder applies to all providers that are independently contracted with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) to provide care and services to the following government programs members: Blue Cross Community MMAI (Medicare-Medicaid Plan)SM (MMAI) and/or Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM (BCCHP)SM.
It is a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS) and/or Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) requirement for BCBSIL to make available provider training on specific topics related to MMAI and BCCHP. Annual completion of all required training modules is mandatory for all MMAI and BCCHP contracted providers. There are six required training modules and one required survey, as follows:
- Model of Care/Medical Home (Person Centered Practice)
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)
- Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation (Critical Incidents)
- Cultural Competency
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/Independent Living
- Medicare Parts C and D General Compliance Training (MMAI only)
- ADA Site Compliance Survey
The deadline for completion/attestation of completion is Dec. 31, 2019. Completion of training is a contractual requirement. Please take action now!
- Complete our online training modules – You may complete all required training modules for the topics listed above by going to the Provider Training Requirements and Resources page in the Medicaid section of our website.
- Alternative options for compliance training completion – If you are an individual provider who already completed annual training for MMAI and BCCHP requirements through a government contracted managed care organization (MCO) other than BCBSIL, use the attestation links on our website for each module to certify completion. For provider groups/facilities, if training was completed through another MCO, or if the BCBSIL training modules referenced above were completed in a group setting, contact your assigned BCBSIL Provider Network Consultant (PNC) for the paper attestation forms.
Questions? Contact your assigned BCBSIL PNC. We’re here to help!