Member Rights and Responsibilities Notification
Posted May 31, 2018
As a practitioner for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL), it is important that you are aware of our members’ rights and responsibilities. BCBSIL members may refer to their benefit booklet for a listing of their rights and responsibilities or access these documents in the Related Links box on the My Coverage page in Blue Access for MembersSM.
Member rights and responsibilities include:
- A right to receive information about BCBSIL, our services, our providers and facilities, and member rights and responsibilities.
- A right to be treated with respect and recognition of the members’ dignity and right to privacy.
- A right to participate with providers in making decisions about the members’ health care.
- A right to have a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for the members’ condition, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- A right to voice complaints or appeals about BCBSIL or the benefits we provide.
- A right to make recommendations regarding our members’ rights and responsibilities policy.
- A responsibility to provide, to the extent possible, information that BCBSIL, the provider and facility may need to provide benefits or care to the member.
- A responsibility to follow the plans and instructions for care that the member has agreed to with their provider.
- A responsibility to understand their health problems and participate in the development of mutually agreed upon treatment goals, to the degree possible.