Blue Choice PPO® Product Overview
Blue Choice PPO is available to groups with 2+ employees.
Blue Choice PPO was created with value and affordability in mind. When you offer Blue Choice PPO along with other BCBSIL plans, you can potentially decrease your company's health care costs as well as your employees' overall health care spending.
- Members and eligible dependents have the freedom to visit any doctor they choose.
- Employees have access to a value-based network of contracting doctors, hospitals and specialists.
- Benefits are paid at a higher level when the doctor is in the network for the Blue Choice PPO product.
- Members do not need to select a primary care physician to coordinate care and no referrals are needed to see a specialist.
- All Blue Choice PPO hospitals must meet our standards. When compared, the clinical care indicator scores of hospitals in the network for the Blue Choice PPO product are comparable to the scores of those in the broad network for the Point of Service product.
Benefit coverage under Blue Choice PPO includes:
- Preventive care services
- Doctor office visits
- Inpatient hospital services
- Outpatient hospital services
- Outpatient surgery and diagnostic tests
- Maternity services
- Hospital emergency medical and accident treatment
- Coverage when away from home
- Breast cancer screenings
- Muscle manipulation services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy services
- Vision discount program
- Hearing aid discount program
Additional Benefits Available
- Prescription drug benefits with mail service for maintenance medications
- Mental health and substance abuse coverage