Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Severe Weather
We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) understand that a number of our members living, working or traveling in the Chicago-land area may be impacted as a result of the severe weather that occurred on August 2.
BCBSIL is prepared to assist these members by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are met
- Accessing your member identification information
Please follow these helpful tips:
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present your BCBSIL ID card.
- If you do not have your member ID card our customer service representatives will assist you or you can log in to Blue Access for MembersSM to search for a doctor, access your ID card and more.
- BlueCard® participants (indicated by a suitcase on the member ID card) can call the National BlueCard access number to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Important Phone Numbers
- BCBSIL Customer Service for all group plan members: 800-541-2768
- BCBSIL Customer Service for individual/family policyholders: 800-538-8833
- BCBSIL Customer Service for Medicare Supplement policyholders: 877-213-1821
- National BlueCard access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)