Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) Medical Policies are used to make benefit coverage determinations. In the event of conflict between a Medical Policy and your plan document, your Boeing Summary Plan Description (SPD) will override the Medical Policy.
Medical Policies are based on information from:
- scientific literature
- criteria developed by specialty societies and
- guidelines adopted by other health care organizations.
Note that BCBS Medical Polices do not represent plan authorization, nor should they be considered an explanation of benefits. To find out what is covered under your specific plan, please view your summary plan description or contact Boeing Member Services at 888-802-8776.
As you review the policies, please be aware of the following:
- The Medical Policies you are about to view have been written for physicians and can be highly technical and complex. They are provided here for informational purposes only.
- These Medical Policies do not constitute medical advice or medical care. They do not guarantee any results or outcomes. You should discuss the information in the Medical Policies with your doctor, who is solely responsible for your diagnosis, treatment and medical advice.
- Medical Policies serve as one of the sets of guidelines for coverage decisions. Benefits vary and some plans may not provide coverage for certain services discussed in the medical policies.