Is Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM For You?
Joining the Blue Cross Community Health Plans is simple. Here you can learn if this plan is for you and how to enroll.
If at least ONE of the following describes you, then you may qualify for Blue Cross Community Health Plans medical coverage.
- You are a family or child and you qualify for Medicaid through Title XIX or Title XXI (Children’s Health Insurance Program).
- You are an adult who qualifies for Medicaid as defined by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This means your monthly income is less than 138% of federal poverty level.
- You are under age 21 and eligible for Medicaid through one of the following:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC)
- A disability
- You qualify for Medicaid but not Medicare and are either:
- age 65 or older
- at least 19 years old and have a disability
Don’t qualify for one of the above? You may still be able to enroll. See if you qualify for Managed Long Term Supports and Services (MLTSS) coverage.
You do NOT need to enroll if:
- You are part of the Spend Down Program.
- You have Third Party Liability (TPL).
- You do not provide the information needed to determine your eligibility.
Learn more about who is eligible at the ABE website.
How Do I Get Started?
To begin online enrollment, visit the Illinois Client Enrollment Services website. On this site, you can choose a health plan and pick a primary care provider (PCP).
Illinois Client Enrollment Services will send you information about your health plan choices when it is time for you to make a health plan choice and during your Open Enrollment period.