Blue Cross Community Health PlansSM Coverage Details
Joining the Blue Cross Community Health Plans is simple. Here you can learn if this plan is for you and how to enroll.
Who is this program for?
There are many ways to qualify for the Blue Cross Community Health Plans medical coverage.
You can join if ONE of the following describes you:
- You are a family or child and you qualify for Medicaid through Title XIX or Title XXI (Children’s Health Insurance Program).
- You are an adult who qualifies for Medicaid as defined by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This means your monthly income is less than 138% of federal poverty level.
- You are under age 21 and eligible for Medicaid through one of the following:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC)
- A disability
- You qualify for Medicaid but not Medicare and are either:
- age 65 or older
- at least 19 years old and have a disability
- OR -
- OR -
- OR -
Don’t qualify for one of the above? You may still be able to enroll. See if you qualify for Managed Long Term Supports and Services (MLTSS) coverage.
You cannot enroll if:
- You are part of the Spend Down Program.
- You have Third Party Liability (TPL).
- You do not provide the information needed to determine your eligibility.
How Do I Get Started?
To begin online enrollment, visit the Illinois Client Enrollment Services website. On this site, you can choose a health plan and pick a primary care provider (PCP).
To enroll over the phone, call Illinois Client Enrollment Services. The call is free. 1-877-912-8880 (TTY: 1-866-565-8576)
You can call Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST