As a Walgreens employee, your benefits are designed to provide coverage for the care you need, encourage you to maintain your good health and help you manage your health care costs.
For the 2010 benefit period, Walgreens offers the following options:
Networks of health care professionals and facilities are available to help meet the health care needs of you and your family. Use the Provider Finder® to see if your physician is in the network.
In-Network & Out-of-Network Care
As a member of the BCBSIL PPO plan, you enjoy freedom of choice, flexibility and a broad range of covered benefits. When you receive care within the PPO network, your benefits are paid at the highest level. You can receive care outside the network, but benefits will be paid at a lower level.
When you receive care from contracting PPO doctors and hospitals there are:
- No claim forms
- No up front payments for medical services, with the possible exception of copayments, if applicable, and charges for non-covered services
- No referrals even for specialists
- No balance billing when you receive care within the network
There is no need to select a primary care physician because you may choose any doctor whenever you need care. And you do not need a referral to see a specialist or to seek another opinion.
Medical Coverage - As a Walgreens employee, you have access to the best features of both an HMO and a PPO.
Health & Wellness Information - You can access health and wellness information online.
Once you receive your ID card and group number, be sure to register for Blue Access® for Members where you can:
- Check the status of a claim
- Print a temporary ID card
- View benefit highlights
- Choose paperless Explanation of Benefits (EOB) claim statements
- Confirm your coverage and dependent coverage
- Compare hospitals on diagnoses and procedures
Blue Access for Members also connects you to the Personal Health Manager, an online tool that helps manage your health and track your individual progress based unique goals that you select. With the Personal Health Manager you can:
- Create a personal health record
- Take a Health Risk Assessment
- Access online health information