Transition of Care
If you are not currently enrolled in a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and are receiving treatment from a physician who does not belong to the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO network, you may apply to continue treatment with that doctor temporarily. Review the following transitional care criteria to evaluate eligibility.
Examples of medical condition that may meet the guidelines:
- Pregnancy (if confirmed prior to January 1, 2015)
- Patients whose hospitalization continues beyond December 31, 2014
- Terminal illness where life expectancy is less than six months
- Chemotherapy/Radiation Therapy
- Physical therapy
Examples of medical conditions that would not meet the guidelines:
- Routine care (immunizations, physicals)
- Chronic conditions which are stabilized (asthma, diabetes)
- Minor illness (flu, sprains)
- Elective Surgery
If you think that you, or a covered dependent, may be eligible for transitional care, please contact us at 888-652-4013.