We understand how important it is to take care of yourself and your growing baby. That's why we are pleased to offer Special Beginnings, a confidential maternity program designed to help you better understand and manage your pregnancy.
Expectant mothers receive the support they need from early pregnancy until six weeks after delivery, including:
- Pregnancy risk factor identification and ongoing communication/monitoring
- Education material covering pregnancy and infant care topics, including a comprehensive educational book
- Personal telephone contact with program staff
- Assistance in managing high-risk conditions such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
- Access to an online resource with maternity tools, articles and information
Getting Started is Easy
Call toll-free 888-421-7781, 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., CT.
You will then be contacted by phone or mail to complete a confidential questionnaire, which asks about your medical and obstetrical history, your current pregnancy and information about your lifestyle that could affect your baby. The information provided allows us to determine your risk level and assign an appropriate level of ongoing communication/monitoring by program staff.
The first step to having a healthy baby is getting prenatal care, so be sure to enroll in the program as soon as you find out you are pregnant.
Special Beginnings is not a substitute for professional medical guidance. It is important to share any health concerns with your physician.