Request an Information Change
When seeking health care services, our members often rely upon the information in our online Provider Finder®. This is just one of the reasons why it’s very important that you inform BCBSIL whenever any of your practice information changes.
If you are a participating provider with BCBSIL, you may request most changes online by using one of the electronic change request forms below. If you are not yet a participating provider and wish to contract with BCBSIL, complete the online application request.
Requesting a legal name change?
- If you are an existing provider who needs to report a legal name change, complete a new contract application to initiate the update process.
Requesting multiple changes?
- To request multiple changes of one or more billing NPI numbers (Type 2), or rendering providers NPI (Type 1), send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. BCBSIL will review and send all affiliated providers and service locations listed under your Tax ID number to the email address provided. It is extremely important that you verify the accuracy of the data we have on file and provide exact service locations and affiliated providers to be added to the BCBSIL files.
How long will it take for changes to take effect?
Changes are not immediate upon request submission. Processing can take a minimum of 30 business days. We thank you for your patience!
- Click this link to request changes to practice information currently on file with BCBSIL (such as Provider/Group Name, Address, E-mail, NPI, etc.).
- You may specify more than one change within your request as long as all changes relate to the same billing (Type 2) NPI.
- Note: As a participating provider, your NPI(s) should already be on file with BCBSIL. You may use this online form to request changes, such as deactivation of an existing NPI.
- Click on this link to notify BCBSIL when an additional provider joins your practice or adding additional office locations.