BlueWorldwide Expat® Product Terminates Effective Nov. 30, 2012
November 14, 2012
Effective Nov. 30, 2012, Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance coverage for members with BlueWorldwide Expat will terminate. These members carry ID cards with alpha prefix EXF.
As part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association’s Blue International Strategy, the BlueWorldwide Expat product will be replaced by Worldwide Insurance Services (doing business as GeoBlueSM, the International Solutions Licensee). As a result, effective Dec. 1, 2012, the Blue System will provide three separate offerings for international travelers and expatriates:
- BlueCard Worldwide® – Part of domestic coverage for local and National Account business.
- FEP Overseas – Coverage extended to government employees overseas.
- GeoBlue – A Blue-branded Licensee administering the International Solutions Licensee (ISL) products.
As a reminder, always check eligibility and benefits prior to rendering services by using your preferred electronic vendor portal, or by calling 800-676-BLUE (800-676-2583).
Please note the following:
- You should not accept ID cards with alpha prefix EXF after Nov. 30, 2012. Claims for services rendered after this date will not be reimbursed.
- For services rendered on or before Nov. 30, 2012, submit all claims to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) by April 1, 2013.
- Original claims and adjustments submitted after April 1, 2013, for services provided on or before Nov. 30, 2012, will not be reimbursed through BlueCard®.