Attention Current iEXCHANGE Users
August 28, 2012 (Updated Sept. 10, 2012)
Effective Aug. 26, 2012, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) completed the scheduled iEXCHANGE® upgrade. This online tool will now support direct submissions and provide online approval of benefits for select outpatient services, in addition to continuing support of inpatient admissions. Provider webinars are being conducted through October 2012, to review minor screen changes and address questions from current users.
- View the schedule and sign up now for an iEXCHANGE Webinar!
- Access the upgraded iEXCHANGE tool
- Remember to update the iEXCHANGE link if you saved it in your favorites
- Availity® single sign-on users will be automatically redirected to the updated application
For Cases Submitted Prior to Aug. 26, 2012
If you need to request an extension for an inpatient preauthorization submitted to BCBSIL prior to Aug. 26, 2012, please call the number on the back of the member's ID card.
If you need to submit a treatment search or treatment update search request, proceed as follows:
- Return to the Starting point page
- Select additional payers to continue
- Choose payer: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - prior to 08/26/12
Please note that the fact that a service has been preauthorized/pre-certified is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., an independent third party vendor.
BCBSIL makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by Availity. The vendor is solely responsible for the products or services offered by them. If you have any questions regarding the services offered here, you should contact the vendor directly.